Mercedes-Benz GLE 350

Reactions
The GLE350 comes with the expected 3.5-liter V6 making 302 hp and 273 lb-ft.

bfollett8

Reactions
Did you get the Harman Kardon sound system? I am torn between that and the standard system. My dealer thinks the stock system will be good and save the $800 for HK. What do you think. I have a 2016 GLE 350 ordered, and will get it mid December. I think I still have a little time to make changes.

fanderso3

Reactions
i got my 2016 GLE350 a couple of weeks ago. I got the standard sound system. I was originally disappointed with the sound system, wishing I had added the upgraded sound system, especially since there was no bass. I adjusted the bass, mid and treble, and was still disappointed. Then, I adjust the fade. I put more volume toward the front, and then there was the bass! It made a dramatic improvement to the sound. I'm much happier, but I do wish I had looked into the HK system before buying. If I was to do it again, I'd definitely listen to a car with HK and compare it to a car with standard before ordering.

OP
G
Reactions
Thread Starter #4
Did you get the Harman Kardon sound system? I am torn between that and the standard system. My dealer thinks the stock system will be good and save the $800 for HK. What do you think. I have a 2016 GLE 350 ordered, and will get it mid December. I think I still have a little time to make changes.
Get the HK system its absolutely worth it.

Reactions
The HK sound system is well worth it if you appreciate crystal clear sound. I got my GLE late Dec. I have over 500 songs loaded onto an SD card along with my SiriusXM subscription. The CD player is only a singe disc so the SD Card slot is a huge plus. Much better than my ML350's 6 CD changer. The Random play feature is great and it instantly changes tracks.

Reactions
What format are the music files copied to the card ? Also, does the gle350 have a hard drive music can be copied to? What is the procedure?

Reactions
I have a late 2015 350D... very happy with it. I initiially loaded music onto the SD card but found it was fussy regarding what type of card (doesn't like TF adapted type) and also limited capacities.

I then tried the two USB ports in the centre console - fantastic - can take up to 256 Gig USB 3.0 in my experimenting so far. I convert all my music to the highest possible quality MP3 files and my music videos to MP4, which all play without a glitch - of course when you start driving the videos reduce to thumbnail only for obvious safety reasons.

Currently ordered Sandisk mini size USB - 256Gb so that it hardly protrudes from the port, keeping the area pretty clear of obstructions.